Imagine you are a community health nurse assigned to care for a family with a newly diagnosed type-2 diabetic member. The diabetic family member, JK, is a 66-year-old African American woman with hypertension and asthma. JK lives in a food desert and does not drive. JK’s family visits her weekly, but they have complicated lives and are unable to provide daily care for her.
Evaluate the following community health resources:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Food Access Research Atlas Overview
- Food Access Research Atlas Map
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- A Look Inside Food Deserts
- Small Food Stores and Availability of Nutritious Foods
- State Health Statistics
- American Nutrition Association
- USDA Defines Food Deserts
Create a plan detailing opportunities for JK to gain adequate access to appropriate foods for one week. Your plan must address:
- Appropriate and realistic estimated budget
- Shopping locations
- Transportation means, routes, and timing
- Support services
Compare JK’s community to your county census data.
Format your assignment as: 350 word document
Provide at least 3 references used for the assignment