MN551 Purdue Global University Disorders of Red Blood Cells Paper
Disorders of Red Blood Cells
Henry is 77 years old and lives with his daughter and son-in-law. He has chronic renal failure, but likes to get out whenever he can to work in his daughter’s backyard garden. Over the last few months, he began to go outside less often. He said he was feeling unusually tired and he was running out of breath doing the simplest of tasks. He also said his head ached and he often felt dizzy. His daughter took him to his doctor who performed a complete physical examination and diagnosed Henry with anemia.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- From what you know of Henry’s history, what type of anemia do you suspect he has? How would Henry’s red blood cells appear on a peripheral blood smear?
- What is the physiological basis that would explain why Henry’s anemia would cause him to have the symptoms he is experiencing?
- Predict the cellular adaptations erythrocytes undergo when chronic hypoxia is present. How would this be evident on an oxygen–hemoglobin dissociation curve?
- Make sure all of the topics in the case study have been addressed.
- Cite at least three sources—journal articles, textbooks, or evidenced-based websites—to support the content.
- All sources must have been written within five years.
- Do not use .com, Wikipedia, or up-to-date, etc., for your sources.