Major Approaches to Clinical Psychology Presentation
Select one of the following psychological diagnoses:
· Depressive disorder
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Generalized anxiety disorder
· Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
· Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Create a 9-12 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, with Speaker Notes;
You have been asked to provide a presentation regarding psychological issues for a local community organization. Your audience is made up of adults within the community who are not mental health professionals, and who are interested in learning more about a specific mental health issue.
Provide a brief explanation of the mental health issue chosen, including primary symptoms, diagnostic criteria, populations most affected, and prevalence within the U.S.
Discuss each of the major theories in Psychology: psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, humanistic, and family systems approaches. Compare and contrast the major approaches in relation to your selected psychological issue. Include the following:
- When, how, and why each approach developed, and identify psychologists most associated with the approach.
- Terms and concepts associated with the psychological approach.
- The techniques and strategies used by each approach, and the goals of treatment.
- The effectiveness of each approach towardtreating yourselected diagnosis, based on treatment outcome research.
Incorporate information from at least five peer-reviewed, professional publications.
Cite each source you have relied upon throughout the body of your presentation, and list them on a separate slide titled References. Use direct quotes only sparingly.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit a signed Certificate of Originality document.