1. The rules that govern appropriate communication are (Points : 1) determined by the context of the interaction.
wait for the sender to finish speaking.
always shake the hands of a stranger and introduce yourself.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
always maintain eye contact.
2. Which of the follow are listed as forms of nonverbal communication? (Points : 1) Time and the way it is used (chronemics)
Physical appearance and attractiveness
Scents or odors (olfactics)
All of the above
__________ is the source of the interpersonal communication—the person who originates the communication encounter. (Points : 1) loudest speaker
4. Your sense of self-worth and the level of satisfaction you have with yourself are referred to as (Points : 1) self-esteem.
5. Self-concept can be changed through interpersonal communication. (Points : 1) True
6. Communication competence involves being both appropriate and effective in our communicative interactions with others. (Points : 1) True
7. Fill in the blank. According to Bevan and Sole, “________ communicate the history, traditions, and values of their culture through oral communication.” (Points : 1) All societies
8. Maslow explains that the first reason we communicate is for (Points : 1) building bonds with others.
9. According to Bevan and Sole, which of the following is not one of the five primary characteristics ofcommunication? (Points : 1) It is a process.
It must result in shared meaning.
Both verbal and nonverbal messages influence interactions.
It occurs in a variety of contexts.
It involves two or more people.
10. Researchers believe that ____________ is a complex mix of how we see ourselves, what others have told us about ourselves, and what society says we should be.
(Points : 1)