Choose a topic related to health that has meaning to your personal
health, interests, and well-being. This may be a disease, such as
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
diabetes, or a healthy fitness activity.
TOPIC: KETO DIET
Conduct a database search comparing one of the following database directories with Google Scholar.
CINAHL and Google Scholar
PubMed and Google Scholar
Explain how you were able to narrow down the number of article hits you had initially, and present within your post a summary of the credible article you chose as your resource. How do you know your article choice is credible? Which database do you prefer and why?
How will using a database search facilitate your
- scholarly work;
- nursing work (evidence-based practice); and
- personal self-development?
In addition to answering the discussion question please answer the following questions in your initial post:
- As you research your topic, reflect on and then identify which databases might be best for searching for specific types of questions. Did you notice a difference in the type or quality of results obtained when compared to a different database?
- What is a Boolean search? Define and then try using this search tactic. Did it effectively help you to narrow down your search results?
- How does the development of basic searching skills help when there is a question about nursing, nurses, or patients?
- Why can one not access many articles found in PubMed or Google Scholar for free, even though students can get free access through the Chamberlain library? Is any information on the Internet really free?
- Ethical Implications of Social Media and Personal Technology: Is the scenario noted in your lesson a HIPAA violation? Should healthcare providers be fired for posting information such as this in a public forum? Or, is that too harsh? Why? Why not? Be sure to include the rationale to support your stance on this topic.