Unit 6 Assignment 1
- Due Jun 16 by 11:59pm
- Points 45
- Submitting a text entry box or a file upload
Examine: Hospital Acquired Infections Presentation
Estimated time to complete: 6 hours
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
As an HCM professional, you have been asked to serve on your hospital’s newly-created Infection Prevention Committee. The purpose of this committee is to prevent, manage, and track hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). The committee’s first meeting is next week, and you must prepare an introductory presentation for the committee members.
Evaluation Title: Hospital Acquired Infections Presentation
Research Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) data for your state from the CDC website. (Links to an external site.)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2016). State-based HAI prevention (Links to an external site.) [Website].
Research infection prevention committees in hospitals nationwide.
- Identify 3 elements of a successful infection prevention committee.
Compare the data discovered to a set of fictional HAI data for your hospital.
- Create the fictional data for your hospital and choose which infections to present to the committee.
Create a PowerPoint presentation to deliver to the Infection Prevention Committee that includes the following:
- An introduction that includes who you are and how your HCM experience will contribute to your role on the committee.
- The comparison of state data to the hospital’s data along with an explanation.
- An explanation of the 3 performance goals of the committee (adapted from those gathered through research).
- A minimum of three references on a closing slide.