Hca 422 Assignment part 2
Natural disasters such as hurricanes and tornadoes create urgent healthcare needs. Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Rita, Hurricane Ike are three storms that identified the strengths and weaknesses in the emergency preparedness plan.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Please read the article, Hurricane Preparedness, an Oxymoron: Are You Ever Really Prepared, http://www.brainline.org/content/2010/03/hurricane-preparedness-an-oxymoron-are-you-ever-really-prepared_pageall.html (Links to an external site.), via the link provided and research one other article on this topic. The article outlines several lessons learned from the wrath of these storms.
- Also watch the National Geographic Video Clip ” Hurricane Katrina, Day by Day“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJaMWw4-2Q (Links to an external site.). This clip creates a visual understanding of many of the challenges that were present as a result of this story. Note: If the link to the video is no longer available, please use the Internet to research one or more videos on Hurricane Katrina.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the link is unavailable, please visit the ECPI Online Library to select a new article. There are several articles available on this topic. You can also visit www.youtube.com (Links to an external site.) to find additional video footage on Hurricane Katrina, Rita and Ike.
- Click HERE to download and complete the template for this assignment.
- Using this assignment template, select (5) FIVE areas you feel are most crucial to address in terms of disaster planning for a residential facilities providing rehabilitation, long-term care, or assisted/supported living services.
- In the opposite column, describe what you, the healthcare administrator, would do differently in the wake of the disaster. Be sure to use well-conceived college-level writing and evidence-based research support to justify your ideas.
- Your improvements should be thorough, well-conceived college-level writing that are grammatically correct.
- Be sure to justify your responses with facts and details from the readings, with your opinions and with your conclusions.
- An appropriate length for this assignment is one to two pages in length (double spaced,
- Please be sure to cite your source using APA.