Gender and the Media
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Gender-based stereotypes are presented through the mass media. Locate an article, cartoon, or advertisement that conveys a gender message. Analyze the message by answering the following questions. Also, please attach your media or share the media’s url address.
- What is the message the media is trying to convey?
- What examples are used to convey this message?
- Does the message fit a gender-role stereotype? Why?
- Is the gender message consistent with your beliefs about gender?
2 reply posts. Initial posts must be a minimum of 250 words, reply posts a minimum of 150 words
Assignment 7: Sexual Tolerance: The Times They Are A’changing
People in the United States vary widely in their acceptance of the sexual and gender choices and orientations. Recent changes in the legality of same sex marriage, the changing role of women in the military, and increasing awareness of transgender issues have highlighted how much has changed in recent months.
Choose one of these sources:
- Find an article or graph that illustrates a recent change in law, attitude, or policy regarding sexual tolerance.
- Joel Burns: It Gets Better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax96cghOnY4 (transcript located on YouTube site)
Write a 5-paragraph essay that introduces the topic you’ve chosen, summarizes the various points of view, and concludes with the current status of the issue you are addressing. Be sure to use at least 2 references to support your essay. Your paper must meet the minimum 750-word count requirements.