For Phyllis Young: Integrating Theories
In this course, we have studied various approaches to therapy and explored the utility of each orientation with reference to the client. For this assignment, take the perspective of a therapist working with clients. This will help you honestly assess your own development and more objectively evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of using an integrative approach to counseling. Answer each of the following questions thoroughly and provide examples where requested to substantiate your points.
- Do you think therapists should focus on becoming an expert in one particular counseling approach or should they try to become proficient in more than one approach? Provide an explanation for your answer and illustrate them with examples.
- Identify what the three most important characteristics of a successful counselor you consider to be. Describe how these characteristics can be developed or strengthened?
- Identify and describe some of the characteristics (from question 2) that are best developed in the counseling process with clients? Support your points with examples? Identify and describe some areas of personal or professional development that would potentially be unethical for the counselor to develop in the counseling process with clients? Explain your rationale in detail and give examples.
- What are some of your own personal motivations and characteristics that may help or hinder you as a counselor (identify at least two)?
- What areas of your own personal and professional development need the most development before you will feel prepared to be an effective counselor (identify at least three)?
- What are two advantages and two disadvantages of practicing within the framework of one specific theory as opposed to developing a more integrative approach consisting of several therapies? Give a detailed description and rationale for both sides.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of practicing within an integrated framework?
- Explain at least two techniques you would use in your treatment and describe how you would integrate these techniques in a therapy session.
***Your paper should be double-spaced and in 12 point, Times New Roman font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
***Scholarly sources are preferred and additional, non-scholarly sources from reputable Web and print sources are also acceptable. For reputable Web sources, look for .org, .net, or .edu sites as opposed to .com sites.Please do not use Wikipedia.
It should include a
*** title page with a running head,
and a reference page.
Must use four references
Must use as one of references:
Seligman, L. W., Reichenberg, L. W. (02/2013). Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills, 4th Edition
***The body of the paper should be no less than 6 and no longer than 8 pages in length.***
Scholarly sources are preferred and additional, non-scholarly sources from reputable Web and print sources are also acceptable. For reputable Web sources, look for .org, .net, or .edu sites as opposed to .com sites. Please do not use Wikipedia.