1. Review Learning Exercise 17.4 – Calculating Staffing Needs (located in Chapter 17 of the textbook)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Calculate the staffing needs for the day shift and answer the following questions:
a. You have on duty one RN and one LPN working 8 hour shifts and a ward clerk for 4 hours. Are you understaffed or overstaffed?
b. If you had the same number of patients but the acuity levels were the following, would your staffing needs be the same?
• Two patients in category I acuity level
• Three patients in category II acuity level
• Two patients in category III acuity level
• Zero patients in category IV acuity level
3. Your paper should be:
o Typed according to APA style for margins, formatting and spacing standards.
o Typed into a Microsoft Word document, save the file, and then upload the file