View the scenario called “Critical Decision Making for Providers” found in the Allied Health Community media.
In a 1,000-1,250-word paper, examine the scenario involving Mike, the lab technician, and discuss the following:
- Discuss the consequences of a failure to report.
- Explain the impact his decision had on patient safety and organizational performance (risk for litigation, organization’s quality metrics, workload of other hospital departments, etc.).
- As Mike’s manager, describe how you would address the issue with him and steps you would take to ensure other staff members do not repeat the same kind of mistake.
- Reflect on the scenario and describe what underlying aspects or issues may be contributing to workplace dilemmas such as this.
- Consider the manner in which most health care organizations function (structure, people, technology, environment). As a leader, discuss what principles of organizational behavior and development can be applied to effectively contribute to the success of a health care organization. How could these principles be applied to this scenario?
A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency:
BS Health Sciences
4.1: Apply the principles of organizational behavior and development in order to effectively contribute to the success of health care organizations.